About This Volvo
|Condition||Used Clear Title|
|Transmission||3 Spd Automatic|
|Drivetrain||Rear Wheel Drive|
Vehicle OverviewThis 1966 4 door Amazon, with a rare automatic transmission is a rust free classic that wears California Black plates and was repainted about 20 years ago in it's original Sand Yellow color before it was put into storage 17 years ago. It was purchased from the daughter of the long term owner who bought it in 1973 in California. The original B18 with dual SU carbs starts and runs great.
The Amazon is celebrating it's 60th Anniversary
Around 8 percent of the approximately 297,000 Amazons sold in Sweden are still around. The most common edition is the 1966 model, with 4,804 still registered among the 24,282 Amazons still licensed for the road in Sweden.
- Volvo's factory driver,Carl-Magnus Skogh won the 1965 Acropolis Rally in Greece driving a 122S.
- The Swedish police cooperated with Volvo to jointly develop equipment that was later included on standard production cars. Police cars featured disc brakes, brake assist and radial tires several years before they went into regular series production. Police Amazons also were equipped with rear window fans and there was a button by the steering wheel connecting a windshield washer with the fastest windscreen wiper settin
- The Amazon was first car with standard three-point belts
- Former U.S. Secretary of State and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Colin Polwell has owned several Volvos, including a 1966 Amazon estate.
- A Volvo 122S convertible was displayed at the 1963 Geneva motor show. The convertible was done by Belgian coachbuilder Jacque Coune and had doors without window frames and door openings that were slightly rounded at the rear and tail lamps that were angled forward. Four were eventually built.
- New York advertising executive Amil Gargano took on the Volvo account in 1962 and concluded that Volvos could withstand practically anything. Commercials showed an Amazon being driven hard on gravel roads and proclaimed: "And you can drive it like you hate it. Cheaper than psychiatry."
- Although it never got a six-cylinder engine, there were plans to put a V8 in an Amazon - an evolution of a Volvo truck engine. Five prototypes reportedly were built.
- The Amazons built in Volvo's assembly plant in Halifax, Canada were marketed under the name Volvo Canadian.
- The expanded range of Amazon models helped Volvo regain its position as the best-selling car brand from Sweden in 1958, and it has retained that title every year since.
- In the movie, All The President's Men, Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward, played by Robert Redford, drives a white Amazon.
Contact us today at 717-426-2202 101 for more information, or fill out our Online Credit Application to begin the pre-approval process today.
Warranty InformationThis Vehicle is covered by a Limited Warranty. An extended warranty may also available for this vehicle.
If you are interested in one of our vehicles and have a question on available warranties, please contact us!
Contact Us at 717-426-2202 101
Swedish Motors7 North Decatur Street , Marietta, PA 17547
Call Us About This Vehicle: 717-426-2202 101
- Tan with Brown Vinyl Interior
- 81,000 Miles
- Passed Thorough Dealer Inspection
- Dealer Maintained
- Have Original Manuals
- No Known Mechanical Problems
- Covered by a Limited Warranty. Contact seller for details.
- Excellent Interior
- Excellent Carpets
- Excellent Seats
- Excellent Dashboard
- Excellent Panels / Headliner
- Excellent Exterior
- Excellent Original Paint
- Excellent Trim Condition
- Excellent Glass Condition
- No Visible Rust
- No Known Accidents
- No Known Bodywork
- Fully Detailed
- Spare: Excellent Condition